4 hours trip to Melacca

It was a Monday, 28th of October and we ended our class at 2pm. My college friends spontaneously asked me to accompany her to Melacca. She wanted to do a research and asked me to come along and I, being nosy, excitedly agreed :P

So I went home to change and take my stuff and she came and picked me up. We started our journey around 3pm and reach at 4.45pm I think. The Baba Nyonya museum she wanted to visit was already closed so we went to this Mini Malaysia museum instead.


Basically, they have traditional houses from all the states in Malaysia. It was really beautifully decorated.


The friends :)

Below are just the interior of the Malay houses


I love how they created a space just for the congkak. It makes me happy to know how the people used to live last time- in a community. They would just gather in this space and play a match or two congkak game.


Light.

I LOVE THIS.
I've always liked how lights pass through the carvings and leave shadows. It's so beautiful.



Oh, I saw a rabbit too :D Which makes me want to get a rabbit. Heh, but nahhh. I'll rather keep dogs :3

Bamboooo! They are actually painful to walk on bare feet! They used bamboo as their flooring for the Sabah and Sarawak house which was really interesting but super painful. I cannot imagine how they can actually dance on it :O

Us, just chilling and acting in the Sarawak house.

I'm actually just going to enlarge this picture because well... you can see my hair colour in it. HEHE :P


That's about it. We ended our walk here at around 5.50pm and went to look for food to eat :)

We made a trip to the coconut shake place too to chill ourselves. Ahhhh I miss coconut shakes. They are so good! After that, we went to town to look for food and decided to eat chicken rice. We left at 8,30pm and I got home before 10 which was good- not too late :)

It was a fun day. I think because I've been so stressed up with the workload that this is like a mini gateway. But now, we're back in KL. Time to face them assignments!